Delhi’s Ambitious 200KM Cycle Walk Project Gains Momentum with Phase I Plans Submitted

    Date:

    Share post:

    In an exciting development for cycling enthusiasts in Delhi, the ambitious ‘Delhi Cycle Walk’ project is rapidly taking shape. The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has recently submitted Phase I (Leg A) plans for the project to the Central empowered Committee (CEC) and Ridge Management Board (RMB) for necessary approvals.

    The Delhi Cycle Walk project aims to create an extensive 200-kilometer cycle track, allowing cyclists to enjoy a seamless and eco-friendly ride through the city’s green cover and elevated bridges. Notably, the track will be separate from the roads, promoting pollution-free green commuting, according to an official.

    Phase I of the project is divided into three legs: Neelgai Line (Leg A), Peacock Line (Leg B), and Bulbul Line (Leg C). The current focus lies on Leg A, a 15.5-kilometer stretch that includes areas such as Tuglakabad, GK II (Greater Kailash), Govindpuri, Malviya Nagar, Saket District Court, Chirag Dilli, Masjid Moth, and neighboring regions.

    Leg A primarily features a surface track, and the DDA has submitted a detailed report to the CEC for review. To ensure the project’s compliance with environmental and heritage concerns, approvals have been obtained from the Ridge Management Board, as well as the National Monument Authority (NMA). Once the CEC provides its approval, the necessary permissions from other relevant agencies will be sought.

    While there may be delays in obtaining approvals and necessary sanctions, the DDA remains committed to completing this phase in a timely manner. The estimated cost for Phase I, covering a total of 36 kilometers, is Rs 50 crore. The project’s expenses will be shared, with 80% covered by the urban development fund of MoHUA (Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs) and the remaining 20% by the DDA.

    Cycling enthusiasts eagerly await the realization of the Delhi Cycle Walk project, which promises to enhance the city’s cycling infrastructure and provide a unique experience for riders. With its focus on sustainable transportation and connection to metro stations, this venture is a significant step towards promoting eco-friendly commuting in the national capital.

    Also Read:- DDA Housing Scheme to Offer 5,000 Flats in Jasola and Rohini

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Related Posts

    Latest posts

    Housing Prices Surge 10% in Q1 2024: Bengaluru Leads with 19% Increase

    A recent report by CREDAI and Liases Foras reveals that average housing prices in India rose by 10%...

    Real Estate Developers & Agents To Come Out and Register Under RERA: Anand Kumar, Chairman, NCT of Delhi RERA 

    Real Estate Developers & Agents To Come Out and Register Under RERA: Anand Kumar, Chairman, NCT of Delhi...

    Healthcare Giant Narayana Hrudayalaya Invests in Bengaluru Real Estate: Southern Market on the Rise

    Bengaluru Real Estate: Narayana Hrudayalaya, a healthcare company, recently bought a piece of land in Bengaluru for a...

    The aspiring generation driving growth of the student housing segment

    Over the past decade, India’s education system has transformed immensely. This is further accentuated by the country’s technological...