In an important move, the Union Minister for Civil Aviation has formalized its first policy, Drone Regulation 1.0, allowing the drones to fly over Indian skies. It will be effective from Dec. 1.
According to the policy, drone flights will be so far possible only to a height of 400ft or the visual range of sight. The drones will be classified into five categories- nano, micro, small, medium and large, depending on their weight. So far, the policy has allowed all kinds of drone flights—except for delivery of payloads, spraying of insecticides and flights over certain prohibited areas, The Week reported.
Apart from the applications of remotely operated drones in the areas of precision agriculture, aerial surveys, and aerial photography, its use is also expected to change the scenario in Indian real estate industry. The recent clearance by the Union Ministry has got the real estate industry excited as industry experts reportedly feel that drones’ usage will help to increase efficiency and produce quality results.
Drones are expected to be a part of every realty developers’ team very soon. Here is how drones are expected to bring mini-revolution in the Indian real estate industry:
- Drones can take care of quality control and inspection jobs in construction projects.
- These unmanned aerial vehicles can reduce dangers and inefficiencies by limiting the exposure to workers.
- Drones can be used to do thermal mapping, land surveying, and assessing future threats to a project.
- Accurate and timely drone-based assessments of property conditions can help reduce investment risk.
- Drones-based assessment will also help property managers, owners and insurers to make key decisions about their properties.
- Drones-based visuals will not only be used for marketing purpose but are also expected to give a better perspective of the project to the home buyers.
- ‘Birds’ eye-view’ provided by drones’ aerial photography is expected to become the key element of the sales process very soon as it will also show the property’s surrounding elements like markets, parks, open spaces, etc.
- Drones will also play a key role in construction by providing a seamless communication in each stage of construction.