New Okhla Industrial Development Authority or NOIDA has emerged as one of the largest planned integrated industrial township in Asia. It was conceived on 17th April 1976 under Industrial Area Development Act 1976 and is spread over 20,316 hectares in district Gautam Budh Nagar of Uttar Pradesh, part of the National Capital Region i.e. NCR. The city has seen enormous development because of meticulous planning and execution on grid iron concept by the NOIDA authority and today it is spread over 20316Ha and has 168 planned sectors, majority of which are developed. Initially the city was set up as an industrial city but with the growth in population and popularity of NOIDA it resulted in further development of residential and commercial areas.
- NOIDA STPI is one of the largest exporters of software services in Northern India
- Home to the largest mobile factory (Samsung) of the world
- Noida has been ranked 1st in Uttar Pradesh and 25th in India for cleanness
Today NOIDA has well developed environment friendly and pollution free residential areas which provide high quality of living. Noida has beenranked 1st in Uttar Pradesh and 25th in India on the cleanness ranking under 10 lacs population category. Noida is one of the greenest city of India with approx. 50% of total area being planned for Green/open space.
Unlike other cities, in NOIDA infrastructure was laid out first then other development activities took place
In last few years NOIDA has also seen impressive growth in commercial real estate with development of retail malls/ multiplexes, IT and Non IT office spaces such as Great India Place , Mall of India to name a few. Every residential sector has its own commercial centers catering to the daily needs of the residents. With an excellent connectivity with Delhi via road and now metro the city provides excellent investments opportunities for developer as well as end users. Meticulous development planning by the NOIDA Authority has enhanced the demand of this city by maintaining a balance between industrial and residential development. NOIDA today has become one of prominent IT/ITES hub providing employment to around 10, 00,000 people. Today NOIDA Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) is one of the largest exporters of software services in Northern India. Noida is also home to the largest mobile factory (Samsung) of the world.
NOIDA is located in Gautam Budh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh; it is nearest to central Delhi (14 K.M. from Connaught Place and New Delhi railway station) compared to any other city of National Capital Region (NCR) and falls within Delhi Metropolitan Area (DMA). Noida is well connected to IGI airport (approx. 30 Km). Air connectivity of Noida is bound to get boost by development of Jewar airport located along Yamuna Expressway approx. 40 Km from Noida.
NOIDA is bounded by NH 24 (Meerut Expressway) on the north next to Ghaziabad, by River Hindon & Greater NOIDA Industrial Development Area in the East, by river Yamuna in the west abutting the states of Delhi and Haryana. Hindon river converges into the Yamuna on the southern tip of NOIDA.
NOIDA is well connected to Delhi and other parts of NCR through a good network of roads and the recently introduced metro connectivity with Delhi, Ghaziabad and Greater Noida. In terms of connectivity Noida has many first to its name such as
- Noida is also the only city of India having connectivity with highest no of (Six) Expressways
- Noida is the only satellite city having more than one metro corridor (outside Delhi)- enjoys connectivity with three metro corridors
- Noida also has longest metro routes (In India out side Delhi)
NOIDA is the only city of India having connectivity with six expressways and three metro corridors
The six expressways connecting Noida to the adjacent Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad and UP are as follows
- Eight-lane DND flyway – Connects with Delhi
- Meerut Expressway- Connects with Ghaziabad, Delhi, Meerut
- Noida – Greater NOIDA Expressway – Connects with Gr. Noida
- Eastern Peripheral Express (KMP): Connects with Faridabad, Ghaziabad ad other parts of NCR
- Yamuna Expressway: Connects with Mathura/ Agra
- FNG – (Upcoming): will connect with Ghaziabad and Faridabad
Along with expressways, Noida has well developed key arterial roads such as link Road, Kondli road, elevated road, newly constructed Kalindi Kunj bridge provides easy and comfortable road-traffic in to and out of the city of NOIDA.
Faridabad Noida Ghaziabad expressway (FNG) is being considered a growth driver for the region. As the name explains it will connect three satellite towns of NCR i.e. Ghaziabad and Noida in Uttar Pradesh to Faridabad in
Noida is the only NCR satellite city having connectivity with three metro routes. Noida is well connected to Delhi, Ghaziabad and Greater Noida via 3 metro routes. Operational metro routes in Noida are
- DMRC-Blue Line: From central Delhi via sector 18 to sector 62, also catering to Indirapuram in Ghaziabad
- DMRC-Magenta Line: From Janakpuri connecting IGI airport terminal-1 via South Delhi to Botanical Gardens in Noida
- NMRC- Aqua Line: From Sector 71 in Noida to Sector Delta in Greater Noida along the Noida Greater Noida Expressway – 29 kms, 21 stations
NOIDA has three operational metro corridors, with another two in the planning stage
The initiatives mentioned, ensures that the infrastructure of Noida exceeds that of most of the cities in India.