As announced and promised earlier by Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri at India’s first RERA conclave held in Lucknow on Nov. 4, housing ministry has now officially launched an e-commerce platform for real estate segment. The National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO) announced the launch of an e-commerce housing portal Housingforall.com today on Jan. 14 in New Delhi.
The portal is launched by Secretary of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs Durga Shankar Mishra. As of now, the portal is open for one month only for the real estate developers to register their projects.
After a month, the portal will be opened for home buyers as well with an exclusive 45-day sale period starting from February 14, 2020.
Housingforall.com will have projects that have received occupancy certificates (OCs). The portal has been launched to give a seamless, safe and transparent home-buying experience for home buyers. It is expected to bring positive sentiment in real estate segment, boost confidence and faith amongst home buyers, enhance liquidity flow in the industry and contribute to growth of the economy.
“The sector has gone through turbulent times so far. With improving sales and a recovery that we have witnessed in the past year, it is time that the industry joins hands and helps the consumer quickly make a purchase decision,” ET quoted Niranjan Hiranandani, national president-NAREDCO, as saying. “The portal is designed for the all industry stakeholders with a powerful backend platform which manages and displays the most accurate inventory data in the market, and allows buyers to book their flats directly online.”
Here are some of the features that will be present in Housingforall.com:
- Lowest priced inventory will be made available by builders at best pricing.
- Portal has the backing of NAREDCO in support of Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs.
- The portal will have interesting features like filtering floor plans, room dimensions, video tours of units, external views looking out from windows & balconies so that buyers can create and save custom searches for properties.
- Buyers will also be able to directly book/reserve a unit from the portal with a refundable payment of only Rs 25,000.
- ‘Money Back Guarantee’ will also be made live for the buyers where their initial buyer deposit made on portal will remain secured and fully refundable in case buyer elects not to purchase the unit.
- Customers will be immediately notified if any units they have shortlisted are already sold.
The idea of the real estate e-commerce portal was first publicly proposed by Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs on Nov. 4 in Lucknow at first national RERA conclave.