Knight Frank India and Central Warehousing Corporation Collaborate to Transform 344 Acres of Warehousing Land Across India

    Date:

    Share post:

    Knight Frank India, a prominent real estate consultancy, has announced a strategic collaboration with the Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) to facilitate the development of expansive warehousing land spanning 344 acres across 54 locations throughout India. This ambitious venture is set to require an investment of approximately Rs 2,152 crore.

    The cumulative potential land area designated for warehousing development amounts to a substantial 572 acres, with plot sizes varying from 5 to 30 acres. As part of the broader National Monetization plan, CWC is seizing the opportunity to modernize and upgrade its warehousing facilities across the nation. This initiative will encompass the redevelopment of its depositories, utilizing the Design, Build, Finance, Operate, and Transfer (DBFOT) model, with a concession period of 45 years.

    Under the terms of this arrangement, CWC will maintain a 5 percent stake in the net revenue or the minimum guaranteed revenue share, depending on whichever is higher. The remaining 95 percent of the realized net revenue will be directed to the concessionaire.

    Gulam Zia, Senior Executive Director of Research, Advisory, Infrastructure, and Valuation at Knight Frank India, underscored the growing appeal of warehousing assets as a lucrative investment avenue for leading developers across the nation. He emphasized that the land parcels owned by CWC present a golden opportunity for developers to further expand their warehousing portfolios across diverse geographical regions in India.

    Also Read: Real Estate Future Sentiment Score inches up as Indian economy remains on a stable trajectory: NAREDCO-Knight Frank Real Estate Sentiment Index Q3 2023

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Related Posts

    Latest posts

    Real Estate Developers & Agents To Come Out and Register Under RERA: Anand Kumar, Chairman, NCT of Delhi RERA 

    Real Estate Developers & Agents To Come Out and Register Under RERA: Anand Kumar, Chairman, NCT of Delhi...

    Healthcare Giant Narayana Hrudayalaya Invests in Bengaluru Real Estate: Southern Market on the Rise

    Bengaluru Real Estate: Narayana Hrudayalaya, a healthcare company, recently bought a piece of land in Bengaluru for a...

    The aspiring generation driving growth of the student housing segment

    Over the past decade, India’s education system has transformed immensely. This is further accentuated by the country’s technological...

    Commercial Integration – Reshaping India’s Residential Landscape

    - by Akash Pharande, Managing Director - Pharande Spaces One important feature changing how people live and work in India's fast urbanizing terrain is the...