Fast Track to Progress: Noida-Ghaziabad-Kanpur Expressway to Cut Travel Time by Half

    Date:

    Share post:

    In a significant development, the greenfield corridor project that aims to connect Noida, Ghaziabad, and Kanpur has made remarkable progress. This ambitious infrastructure initiative is set to reduce travel time from Ghaziabad to Kanpur to just three and a half hours, benefiting commuters and enhancing connectivity for ten cities along the route. The responsible company, entrusted with the creation of the Detail Project Report (DPR), has already presented three alignment options to the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), with a final decision expected in July.

    Officials involved in the project have emphasized the careful consideration being given to avoid any conflicts with other ongoing state and national initiatives. The alignment will be designed to integrate seamlessly with existing infrastructure and may even provide connections to other regional projects. The completion of the alignment’s DPR will mark a crucial milestone, allowing for the construction of the 380 km long Green Field highway under the Green Highway Policy, overseen by NHAI.

    The proposed expressway will traverse ten districts, connecting Ghaziabad and Kanpur via Hapur, Bulandshahr, Aligarh, Kasganj, Etah, Farrukhabad, and Kannauj. The current NH-91, spanning 468 kilometers, links Ghaziabad and Kanpur. Once the new expressway is operational, the travel time between these two cities will be significantly reduced to just three and a half hours. The Greenfield Highway will be situated approximately 20 km away from NH-91.

    The land acquisition process for the project will be determined based on the finalized alignment. The DPR will provide precise details regarding the elevated sections, subways, and entry/exit points along the corridor. Following approval, the state government will actively assist in completing the necessary land acquisition. Notably, the planned route between Ghaziabad and Kanpur will traverse picturesque landscapes adorned with lush vegetation, offering a pleasant travel experience.

    According to NHAI officials, the highway will be constructed with four lanes. An impressive 90% of the required land has already been acquired, with only a remaining 10% left to be procured. The project is slated for completion by the year 2025. Once operational, the expressway is expected to facilitate enhanced business interactions between the industrial areas of the state, while also generating numerous employment opportunities for the local population.

    The northern end of the corridor will be located on NH-9 (the Ghaziabad-Hapur Highway), while the southern terminal will be positioned between Kanpur and Unnao, adjacent to the proposed 62.7 kilometer Kanpur-Lucknow highway. Furthermore, the expressway will also provide seamless connectivity between Hapur and Ghaziabad’s existing Meerut highway.

    Project Director PK Kaushik has confirmed that the creation of the DPR for the Ghaziabad-Kanpur highway is already underway. The alignment-making process has been successfully completed, and the selection of one alignment option for implementation is imminent.

    The introduction of this new expressway promises to revolutionize travel between Noida, Ghaziabad, and Kanpur, benefiting a multitude of cities and fostering economic growth in the region.

    Also Read:- Revolutionizing Delhi-NCR Connectivity: New 6-Lane Highway Set to Transform Travel Experience

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Related Posts

    Latest posts

    Real Estate Developers & Agents To Come Out and Register Under RERA: Anand Kumar, Chairman, NCT of Delhi RERA 

    Real Estate Developers & Agents To Come Out and Register Under RERA: Anand Kumar, Chairman, NCT of Delhi...

    Healthcare Giant Narayana Hrudayalaya Invests in Bengaluru Real Estate: Southern Market on the Rise

    Bengaluru Real Estate: Narayana Hrudayalaya, a healthcare company, recently bought a piece of land in Bengaluru for a...

    The aspiring generation driving growth of the student housing segment

    Over the past decade, India’s education system has transformed immensely. This is further accentuated by the country’s technological...

    Commercial Integration – Reshaping India’s Residential Landscape

    - by Akash Pharande, Managing Director - Pharande Spaces One important feature changing how people live and work in India's fast urbanizing terrain is the...